Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy Lifted!!


Finally, the United States has lifted it's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, preventing gays from serving openly.  The 1993 law allowed gays to serve and fight for our country, just as long as they kept their sexual orientation private.  Today, that law no longer exists.

Personally, I'm happy that the law was repealed.  Why should a person be asked to hide who they are just for a job?  A job protecting and fighting for our country at that?  Now, just because I'm 100% for this repeal, that doesn't mean I wanna see people getting all extra in their uniforms. While I'm glad the government made this decision, I can't help but think that this will cause some problems.  We still live in a world full of discrimination and I'm sure there will be issues amongst our soldiers, SMH.

So...what are your thoughts?


Source

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails