Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Years Later... Remembering Aaliyah!



It doesn't seem real that today makes 10 years that R&B artist Aaliyah has been gone.  She was such a beautiful and talented young woman.  Aaliyah was only 22 years old at the time of her death and her career was really starting to take off.  She was headed back to the U.S. from the Bahamas where she shot her last music video when her plane crashed killing her and 7 others.  Check out these moments from the video shoot for "Rock The Boat".  For me, watching this made me smile and cringe all at the same time.  I smiled because she looked so happy, she was doing something she loved and surrounded by people that she cared about.  I cringed because it makes me realize (even more) that you can be here today and gone tomorrow.  Hell, here now and gone in the next minute.  I couldnt add the videos, so I just posted the links.  Check em' out.

The Final Video Shoot Pt. 1
The Final Video Shoot Pt. 2

R.I.P. Aaliyah and the rest of the individuals that lost their lives that day (Eric Forman, Chris Maldonado, Anthony Dodd, Douglas Kratz, Keith Wallace, Scott Gallin and Gina Smith).



Beautiful video...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails