Friday, November 19, 2010

"For Colored Girls" Book vs. Movie Discussion... COME ON OUT!!

(Click pic to enlarge)

For those of you that have seen the movie “For Colored Girls”, I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s most definitely not a movie that you can watch and forget. The characters dealt with issues that we as a society deal with every day. The movie... was based off a novel by Ntozake Shange titled “For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf.” Please join me at Diva Dish Talk’s first event (with Risqué Café), a book vs. movie discussion of “For Colored Girls.” In addition to food, drinks (DRANKS), and fun…we’ll get to discuss these issues that might be kept on the hush, but most definitely exist. Admission is only $5 plus a canned good/non perishable item. No, the canned goods are not for me, LOL. They will go to a family in need during the holiday season. I’ve stated on several occasions that I love to hear/read your comments, so I’m really looking forward to the discussion. . Please go see the movie, read the book (it’s only 70 pages or so) and come support your girl. The event will be held this Saturday, November 20th from 1-3:30 p.m. at Risque Cafe (5959 Winchester). This is my first event and I would love to see you there. Thanks in advance!!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails