Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nicki Minaj In YRB Magazine


How many of you are ready for NOVEMBER 22nd?  I can't wait to see what Nicki's debut album, Pink Friday has to offer.  I know I'll be buying mine the day of!  Anywho, check out these shots and excerpts from her interview with YRB Magazine..




On her fears of putting out her first album
"I was so afraid to put out an album for fear of failure,” she later admits, stretched across a dressing room couch in a yellow Harajuku Lovers tee and flowing sweatpants. “I wanted to put my album out on Valentine’s Day of 2011. And my label was like, are you fucking crazy?”

On her different identities
"I’m going to talk about my family and a little bit of dysfunction – or I should say, lots of dysfunction. And I’m just going to talk about me and self-searching and why I made the choices [I did],” she says, differentiating between her aliases and Onika Tonya Maraj – her birth name. “Onika is not Nicki is not Roman. People will never be able to figure me out. I can tell you my whole life story from beginning to end, and then tomorrow, I’ll be just a different person.”



 
Check MORE DISH to read on



On Pink Friday
“I know that Pink Friday is a classic album. I have never been this proud of anything in my life,” she says. “I just think that it’s such a dynamic body of work. I’m no longer afraid to drop it. Now, I know it’s time.”



It's funny to read that she was scared to release her album.  The way she's been dominating the female rap game right now, you'd think she'd be fearless.  Well, I'm sure she has nothing to worry about.  Be sure to cop the album on November 22.  Check here to read the full interview.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails