Friday, November 5, 2010

T.I. Writes To His Fans


Tip started serving his 11 month sentence in an Arkansas prison earlier this week. In addition to writing a song about his latest run-in with the law before going in, once he got there Tip also wrote a letter to his fans. Check it out below.


The wait is almost over. My 7th album entitled No Mercy will be out on December 7th. This album represents some of my best work inspired by my most recent best and worst life experiences. They say adversity brings forth inspiration so y’all can imagine how inspired I’ve been during the recording process for this album. I’ve been taking stock of myself and digesting eveyone’s comments and criticisms. Now it’s my turn to express myself and take you into my mind. The real won’t hate and the truth won’t wait! If God is with me who can be against me.

Thank you to all that took the time to check out my new video GET BACK UP with my homie Chris Brown. And a bigger thanks to those of you who decided to comment (good & bad). To all of you who say “He should practice what he preaches” and “How could he do something so stupid…AGAIN?” You’re absolutely right and I couldn’t agree with you more. But you know what? As history has shown us before, I find my greatest inspiration during my darkest hours.

Check MORE DISH for the rest of the letter

So all fans of music, T.I. or not, should be able to agree that NO MERCY will surely be my best work yet. After all isn’t that what it’s all about? If I never went to prison, never did drugs, never f’ed up again, did everything right and never made great music….would you even care enough to comment on T.I.? Doubt it, so bear that in mind while you jump to your conclusions guys. Martin Luther King once said “Notice not the comments of your enemies but the silence of your friends.”

So although I’m still in touch…watching, reading and listening, I’m not concerned with what negative people say more than I am with what positive people don’t. Guess that’s enough for now… Love you all still, whether you still love me or not. REAL TALK!!! And I would like to give a special I LOVE U to @star_omg and @tinymajormama. – Tip

I heard from sources in the jail that Tip has not been receiving the same type of treatment from his cell mates or the guards that he received during his last stay at the prison. Looks like they havent been very accepting of the fact that he is RIGHT BACK where he said he wouldnt be. I know we are all disappointed in him but hey, we all do dumb ish. Some more than others, but we all mess up. So, Tip...stay prayed up, don't drop the soap and your fans will be here when you return.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails