Wednesday, August 25, 2010

RIP Aaliyah...


Today marks the 9th anniversary of the death of the beautiful and talented, Aaliyah.  Yesterday, for some reason I was online for about an hour looking up videos of Latin artist Selena who was killed back in 1995 at the age of 23.  While watching interviews and reading things on her, I started to think of Aaliyah.  Both of these young ladies were successful but their lives were cut short just when they were about to really hit it BIG!  We still get to hear her music and watch her music videos (that was another dancing lil lady), but we rarely get to see any of her interviews anymore.  Last year on the anniversary of her death I posted some of my favorite music videos from her, this year I wanted to post more interview videos.  She seemed to be a really sweet chick.  This first video is her visiting 106&Park, this was her very last interview.



Hearing her talk about heading out to film the "Rock the Boat" video gave me chills.





Check this link to see a cute blooper video from MTV Jams



Since "One In A Million" is my all time FAVORITE SONG EVER, I had to give y'all this one!




Check MORE DISH for a view more videos


I watched her "MTV Stripped" episode last year and enjoyed it. It's pretty long but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway.










The making of "Rock the Boat"



Of course you know I had to at least post her last video, which was shot hours before her death...


She was laid to rest beautifully...



Rest In Peace, Aaliyah!! You are missed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails