Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Was Fantasia Set Up?


Yesterday news broke that singer, Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized due to an overdose from a combination of sleeping pills and aspirin.  Her manager confirmed that this was not an accidental situation, but indeed an attempt to end her life.  They found Fantasia in a closet inside of her home in North Carolina.  As I've mentioned here before, my family loves some Fantasia!  We voted like crazy for her when she was a contestant on American Idol.  With that said, we've been talking amongst ourselves about what could have caused all of this.  My daddy mentioned something that isn't very far fetched.  Has anybody just for once thought about the fact that the Cook family saw Fantasia and the laws of North Carolina as an easy target to get paid?!

Carolina is one of only SEVEN states that have the "Alienation of Affection" law.  We all heard about the woman in Carolina winning the 9 million dollar law suit filed against her husbands mistress, I'm sure the Cook's heard about this as well.  Fantasia's manager has spoken out and stated that his client was mislead by Mr. Cook and believed that he was separated from his wife (Paula) at the time of their relationship.  Fantasia was under the impression that although Antwuan was still married, he and Paula were not happy and he was working on getting out of the marriage.

Now, don't get it twisted... I'm not saying that Fantasia isn't to blame for any of this.  When you date a married man (separated or not), you are potentially opening your front door to drama.  However, I am fully aware of how manipulative a man can be and I'm almost POSITIVE that he did indeed lie to her in order to gain her trust and affection.  The fact that he was so willing to be seen in public with her (as in the picture above) probably led her to believe that Antwuan and his wife were in fact separated, as he probably told her time and time again.  Then this alleged sex tape that the wife claims to have!!! I'm sorry but I'm just not willing to believe that Fanny was dumb enough to make a sex tape with a man that she knew was happily married and still with his wife, then allowed the wife to get access to it.  Yea, yea, yea... I know she was dumb enough to tattoo a married man's name on her but the sex tape thing is just taking it too far, LOL. Call me crazy, but I'm just not buying it. Sounds to me like Mr. and Mrs. Cook may have gotten sick of those lil azz T-Mobile checks and came up with what they thought would be a "get rich quick" scheme.  Honestly, if this is what they did, it's pretty damn brilliant if you ask me (evil, yet brilliant).  Whatever the situation was, it's nothing that should have caused her to want to take her own life.  The fact that she was about to leave her child here without a mother is beyond sad and proves that she feels horrible about what has happened!  If it turns out that this is what the Cook's had planned all along, they need their azzes whooped, REAL GOOD!! Fantasia is doing fine now, but I'm sure she is still under a lot of pressure and completely embarrassed about all of this (hide the pills please).  Let's all keep her in our prayers and I hope that this helps people realize that the old "sticks and stones" saying isn't always true.  We should really watch what we say and what we put into the universe.  We can make judgments all day, but I always try to keep in mind that good people can sometimes find themselves in bad situations.  Keep your head up Tasia, we love you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your dad ! I was thinking the same thing..That's crazy. Well, I'm glad she's okay. If I were her mom, as soon as she was released I would kick her ass !Tryn to kill her self ugh !!! She need to be single and focus on her daughter and her damn career !

NeshaOfTeensavvy said...

My mom has been saying that Antwaun and Paula decided to do this in order to screw Fantasia over from day one... my mom believes in her mind that she and Fantasia are bestfriends lol

but anyways If this is the case they need to be ashamed of themselves and hopefully Fantasia will recover from this mess

Anonymous said...

You know what, this makes a lot of freaking sense. I can sho see that shit. Does DWade's wife live in one of the 7 states?

Anonymous said...

I said the same thing...she was setup. The Cooks probably thought it was going to be a get rich quick scheme but Tasia nearly lost her life behind this mess. Wouldn't it make sense for the wife to go after the husband too if not only him. I'm praying for her and her family. This has to be traumatizing to her baby girl. Sooo sad!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails