Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lorenzen Wright Memorial



Yesterday was the public memorial service held for NBA player, Lorenzen Wright in Memphis, TN.  In the picture above his youngest daughter, Sophia touches the casket that holds her father.  Her 5 older siblings (Lorenzen, Jr., Shamar, Lamar, Lawson, and Loren) each wore a hat representing a team that their father once played for. 


    
The service itself was extremely emotional.. but this picture here just does something to me ;(
Lorenzen's ex-wife, Sherra Robinson-Wright
Herb Wright weeps as he looks at a picture of his son
Lorenzen's mother, Deborah Marion with Lorenzen, Jr.



Check MORE DISH for more pics from the memorial


Lorenzen's grandmother



All of Memphis was in mourning yesterday.  The service was simply beautiful and I'm glad they offered his hometown a chance to be included in his home going.  During the service, several political figures spoke about Lorenzen.  Although I know that it's common practice to speak only good things about the deceased at their funeral, I've only heard great things about him when I speak to people privately.  He seemed to have been a great guy and an even better father.  That's the saddest thing about this whole situation, these babies lost their father, a good father at that.  I'm confident that the person(s) responsible for taking this man from his family and friends will be caught and held accountable for their actions.  Personally, I think the police know a lot more than they are telling us.  Since Lorenzen has finally been laid to rest, things are about to really get critical.  I'll keep you posted on anything new in the investigation as it becomes available.


R.I.P. Lorenzen

2 comments:

DamnNearPerfeck said...

You got the names wrong Dawn...lol. Its not Lawrence...its Lorenzen Jr, Loren, Shamar, Lamar, Lawson and Sofia. Those are my little buddies. I miss this man more than anyone could imagine. He was a great friend to me. I truly LOVE him. And despite the fact that he's gone, I'll always love him.

Dawn Diva said...

Thanks chick, I knew something wasnt right but couldnt figure it out LOL. I got that from another site and figured they had it right. My bad, I've corrected the twins names :). BTW, sorry for your loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails