Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fantasia "Behind The Music"


If you didn't catch Fantasia's "Behind the Music" last night, you missed out. Although I've always been a fan of hers and followed her career, I saw parts of her that I never saw before. During the hour long segment, I could see the difference in her demeanor on the most recently recorded portions and the previously recorded parts. It looked as if she'd recorded some parts prior to her suicide attempt and other parts after (when she wore the black shirt and her hair was as it is in the above pic). On the clips that were recorded after, she seemed rather detached from reality.  As if she was just there because she had to be.

Listening to Tasia talk about when she was raped, her relationship with Zion's father (that she looks JUST LIKE, BTW) and her relationship with her own father, Joe Barrino, just further confirmed what I’ve thought since I heard of her hospitalization. IT WAS ALL JUST TOO MUCH ON HER!!! I could have jumped the through the screen on Joe Jackson's Barrino's azz!  His reaction to his daughter's rape was utterly DISGUSTING!  When he found out of Fantasia's rape, he told her that it was HER fault because of how she was dressed. Even if he did feel that way about the situation, why would you actually say that to your child. WOW!!

Something that Fantasia said hit me hard, particularly because I was guilty of it too.  She mentioned that all of the negative press that she got was just too much to handle at the time.  The media is quick to talk about negative situations, but rarely go into details about positive things.  I wouldn't say that we here at Diva Dish are guilty of that, but I was upset with myself for not making a post on Fantasia's biggest achievement yet.  Her graduation!  She received her GED and although I mentioned it on Twitter and Facebook, I failed to make a post here.  I remember trying to find pics to post and couldn't and simply stopped looking.  Well, I'll take this time to congratulate her and say how very proud I am of her. She didn't have to do that and the fact that she did proves that she wants better for herself.


Alright, I'll try to find the "Behind the Music" episode for you guys, it was REALLY good!  Continue to keep her in your prayers cuz she still has a LONG way to go! Although she is up and out speaking about the situation, that doesn't mean that she's over it.  Keep in mind, she's been hiding her pain for years so she's good at it.  I'll be glad when people and the media realize that their actions and comments can be painful.  Celebrities are just like us, they make mistakes and they have feelings.  Luckily, we have the luxury of living through our situations (good and bad) privately.


UPDATE: Found the video, check MORE DISH


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That show had me in tears. I felt so bad for her. Poor baby. I feel bad for sayin this, but they need to give her a break. She didnt know dude was married. She cant read between the lines like everybody else, lol. I kid! I love her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails