Monday, August 23, 2010

Fantasia Speaks On Attempted Overdose


As I reported last week, Fantasia has been on a promotional tour for her new album that will be released this Tuesday.  She spoke first with the people over at VH1 for an episode of "Behind The Music" which will air tomorrow.  Check out what she had to say about her attempt to end her life.

"I didn’t have any fight in me. I didn’t care about anything. I just wanted out. At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that [expletive]. I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can’t accidentally take a whole bottle of pills.”

Hmm... I totally understand that feeling of just wanting out.  But personally, I just take a nap then wake up and try it again LOL.   Everyone wants to say that this came about because of a man, I think this situation was just the "straw that broke the camel's back."  Check out what she said about her relationship with Antwuan.

“When I met him, he was separated … wasn’t living in his home. He didn’t want to be back with his wife – that is what I was told,” Barrino says. “I remember waking up in the hospital [and thinking], ‘It didn’t work, I’m still here in this hellhole. Still here with all this drama going on."
My nurse Melanie was a blessing into my life because she didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear,” she says. “She told me what I needed to hear. And she looked at me and said, ‘You gotta get up, and you’ve gotta get out of here, ’cause you haven’t fulfilled your destiny.”                          "I realized how people end up in the grave. Because that one moment [snaps her fingers] of just breaking or feeling like I can’t, I can’t go on, it’s too heavy. That was somewhere I don’t ever want to go again.”
One thing about it, we don't know what the hell was going on with their situation.  Antwuan released a statement saying that he and his wife were done prior to him starting a relationship with Fantasia.  I just hope everything works out for her because she's been through so much, she needs a break from all the BS.

Sourc: People







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails