Thursday, July 1, 2010

2010 BET Awards

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y'ALL, I missed ya. Today is my first post in almost a week, but with good reason. I wasn't able to post because I was in L.A. to attend the 2010 BET Awards, WHICH WERE AMAZING!! Although I was late to the show, I walked in on the BEST performance of the night, Chris Brown paying homage to the great Michael Jackson. Yea I'm a little late but lets take a look at some of the performances, some of which I'm seeing for the first time as I post.

Kanye West - Power

So of course I missed this performance, I was PISSED about it too. I've been waiting for Kanye to come out of hiding and missed it, oh well. He's back, that's good enough for me. LOVE this song BTW.

Drake & Young Jezzy - Fireworks/Over/Lose My Mind Remix


Eminem, B.o.B., KeKe Cole - Airplanes Part 2/Not Afraid



Check MORE DISH for more performances


Dirty Money - O Let's Do It Remix/Hello Good Morning

Okay, I really wanted to see Dirty Money. As I was walking in I heard them closing out their performance. Not only did I miss them at the show, but they stayed in our hotel and later on that night while I was valeting the car I missed them as they walked through the lobby. My folks told me how cool they were about their short interaction with them. So now I had missed them not once, but twice. I was TOO mad LOL, y'all know I dig Dawn. My friend that was actually in her seat for their performance told them that they killed the performance, and they surely did.

Monica & Denise Williams - Everything To Me/ Silly

That damn Monica, I adore her voice. What was up with those sleeves tho? LOL

Chris Brown's M.J. Tribute


When I first saw the silhouette I didn't know who it was, but as SOON as Chris hit that first move I knew EXACTLY who it was. Nobody could have done a M.J. tribute better than Chris. He shouldve been there last year but BET (and everybody else) was WTS. He did the damn thing!! A lot of people are questioning rather or not the crying was staged. Personally, I think it was genuine. It's obvious that he's loved M.J. since he was a kid, you can see it in the way he dances. Y'all should have seen that crowd during this performance. I know I was up and damn near in tears so I'm sure y'all felt it at home. Oh yea, I'm really curious if the Carter's and Rihanna were M.I.A. because of Chris' performance. If they were, oh the hell well. The show wouldn't have been the same without him. Maybe we'll see ya next year.




A lot of the videos have been getting snatched from the internet so I'll be posting them as they become available. The Prince tribute will most def be here as soon as I find it, Ms. Patti SHOWED O-U-T!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails