Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nicki Minaj On Her Single "Your Love" And Diss Records


You all know I'm a Nicki fan and I'm waiting, just waiting on the release of her debut album. I absolutely love the hit single "Your Love" and was shocked to hear what she had to say about the song on the set of the video. Check it out below.



How damn cool is that? She didnt even plan for it to be released and it hit number 1 in the country, werk bish!! Anywho, Nicki also spoke with Vibe recently and talked about making diss records. She is such a character I tell ya, check what she said


My diss record is my success rate, and how much I can charge to be somewhere for 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. The fact that I can pay your mortgage for a year in 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. That diss record makes everyone go “Ooooooh word Nicki went in!” That’s all I need.


HAAAAAAAAA.. you heard that!!

Check MORE DISH for a few more excerpts from this interview


When asked about her buiness development
I had a dream that I should go with Wayne and that’s what I did. I’ve never regretted it. Now…I mean I’m just a business savvy person by nature and I weigh out all my decisions. The average person hears $50,000 and jumps. I hear $50,000 and, you know, I need an explanation with it. I need details, and I’ll probably be like that about $50 million. Most artists at my stage in the game don’t have a business manager. I have a business manager. I’m talking about and looking over my finances on a regular basis. I’m not doing this to be flashy I’m doing this to secure wealth. Not cash. They’re two different things. I’ve made calculated decisions and people don’t always understand my process but they always get it later...I’m wrong every now and then but I’m usually right when it comes to things like that.


If I say I only stop for pedestrian and a real, real bad lesbian—did that say and then I go home and have sex with that lesbian? I just embrace all people of all lifestyles and I don’t tell them they are bad people. And I say girls are beautiful and girls are sexy and they need to be told that, and if they don’t have anyone to tell them that and mean it, I’m gonna tell them that. But I feel like people always wanna define me and I don’t wanna be defined.


Love her!!!  You can go here for the full interview.


Source: Vibe.com


Is Nicki gay, straight or bi?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails