Friday, September 18, 2009

Drake Calls Bulls**t On Ghostwriter Claims


I'm just hearing about claims that Nakia Shine (pictured above) is the actual writer of Drake's hit single "Best I Ever Had." Although both of these men are Memphians, Drake said he never even met Shine. Check out what Nakia Shine had to say in an interview:

"They sampled a record that I did for Lil Wayne, called "Do it for the Boy". I wrote the hook and the beat for that track. After they heard that and made the Drake song, they settled out for 25%. The Drake thing is shedding some light on what I do and have done in this music business, people can see how astute I am in this music business."


I also found video of Kia saying he co-wrote the song.



Drake got word of these accusations and released a statement about it. Check it out below.



Good deal Kia, I didn't know he had produced music for Weezy (that's pretty cool). HOWEVER, let me just say this, I reside in the city of Memphis and have done so for all 28 years of my life. Therefore, I've been hearing Nakia Shine's music for a while. Personally....I don't believe he wrote the song, and if he did it is MOST DEFINITELY "The Best He Ever Had" song wise that is LMAO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaa, u sho aint lyin! I really aint feeling Nakia Shine. All his songs bout him being fresh and he always rocking d same ish! Im confused!

Dawn Diva said...

ROFLMAO.. I know right.. one of my homegirls called me one day and was like "girl Nakia Shine is in the club w/ the same shit he had on last wkend like nobody go notice" ROFL.. I was tripping, that fool said "I can no longer respect his fresh" LMAO.

Thanks for the comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails