Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whitney Realizes "Houston... We Have A Problem"

My girl Oprah had a BOMB season premiere show yesterday where she interviewed the LEGENDARY WHITNEY HOUSTON! This wasn't a typical interview for Whitney, it seemed to be the realest one yet. She talks about her career and mostly about her life as Mrs. Brown and when she realized it was time to let it go. Check it out below.



I've always loved me some Whitney Houston, her voice is amazing and I have always felt that she was a real "round the way" type chic. This interview proves just that. In my opinion, this is the first REAL INTERVIEW Whitney has ever given. Yea, we all remember the interview where she proclaimed that "crack is whack" but we all knew that she wasn't giving us the REAL during that interview. I mean we all saw her and knew what was going on in their home, rather we were there or not. Oprah knows how to get folks to talk, even if they don't want to lol. I believe that Whitney is finally able to tell the truth because she is finally able to really let go of that lifestyle. She looks good and sounds good, nothing like in the past. I thought it was hilarious when she said "I will fight you back" LOL. Through everything that happened during the Houston-Brown marriage, I NEVER pegged Whitney as one to take an azz whooping and it looks like I was right LMAO. One thing that Whit said that really struck me was when she stated that the reason she stayed in her marriage for so long was because she was "determined to prove people wrong." That has to be HELL living your life under a radar and have people scrutinizing your every move, decision and more than anything.. your mistakes! Trying to prove the world wrong almost cost this woman her life. Anywho, many blessing to Whitney and I'm SO GLAD she's back. Honestly, her voice isn't the same as it was. But like I said before... it's Whitney b***h and SHE IS BACK!!! :-)

Part 2 of the interview airs today on the Oprah Show.. I'll have the 2nd part tomorrow so check back then.

Side note::: Did y'all hear Oprah at the 34:46 mark laughing JUST LIKE Sophia in the Color Purple? ROFLMAO.. she took me right back to the dinner table scene with that one ROFLMAO!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails