Friday, February 19, 2010

Kevin Hart Pulls A Don Imus... Calls Dark Skinned Women "Broke A$$ Dark H*es"

Comedian Kevin Hart (pictured above with his wife) decided to take to Twitter yesterday to tell "jokes" about one of the biggest issues in the African American Community. He thought it would be funny to compare dark skinned and light skinned women. Check this BS out.



Honestly, I think he was joking, he's married to a dark skinned woman AND he’s black as midnight his damn self. However, the sh*t was NOT funny and rather Kevin realizes it or not this IS a very sensitive subject in the African American community and has been since back in the days of slavery. Although some individuals might say that it’s not an issue, it CLEARLY is! If I had a nickel for all the times I've heard "you're so cute, FOR A DARK SKINNED GIRL", I could probably pay off my student loans LOL. I actually had a debate on my Facebook page about this that led to a discussion about how this affects people and dating. True, everyone has their preference of who they want to date, but when that PREFERENCE turns into prejudice, THATS when I have a problem.

Like the whole "cute for a dark girl" statement, WTF DOES THAT MEAN? It's as if the person is implying that since I'm dark skinned, I'm supposed to be something OTHER than cute. That sh*t urks me. Have you ever seen how people flock to lighter complected children? EVEN if they are not cute, the FIRST thing out of some peoples mouth is "oh, he/she is so cute!" Noooooooo, what some people really mean is, he/she is so light skinned. A lighter complexion does NOT make a mf cute (that goes for grown people and kids). I was watching Tyra the other day and one of the young girls was talking about how she wished she were lighter so people wouldn't pick on her. That no doubt, comes from her seeing how society treats people based on their skin tone. I don't understand why it has to be such an issue because MY PEOPLE are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE on the planet and "everybody wants to be like us" (in my Alicia Keys voice LOL)! We have to get our youth out of that "color struck" mentality and teach our children that they are beautiful no matter what shade GOD chose to make them, we ALL are!


Side Note: I'm mad Kevin decided to say this ignant mess during Black History Month. He couldn't wait until next month to tell this whack azz joke? SMH.

Source: Rhymes With Snitch



9 comments:

JeneƩ Latrece said...

Wow I completely agree with you. Some people are so afraid to have dark skinned children these days that they go out of there way to date lighter men or people out of their race. Smh at society. But whether it's an issue or not, there's men who love dark skinned women and that's all that matters to me. I don't need every man in the world to think I'm beautiful as long as I have at least one!

-jeneelatrece
www.nochasers.blogspot.com

Dawn Diva said...

Jenee... you sholl said something. I've heard of people literally say they dont want a dark skinned baby. WHAT THE HELL type of mess is that? Then the chics on Tyra bleaching their childrens skin to make them lighter, its ridiculous. I wonder where that type of ish comes from? I love my brown skin and ALWAYS have. I'm a firm believer in "black dont crack" LOL. Thanks for your comment chic.

Anonymous said...

damn, i wanted to be the first to comment....gots to move faster. anywho, i could just kick his lil inch high, burnt ass. this dude told me the same, "ur pretty, i bet u got picked on when u were little". was he serious? u best ask bout the last mofo picked on me...I got picked on, and she got picked up (off the ground).

Dee said...

I'm just a bit intrigued by all the attention (negative) we sisters seem to be getting these days. I can be sitting around, just minding my own business, and BAM! out comes some more crap about us. Who are these people? They don't know me. They don't know the sisters I know. And you know what? I don't want to know them. I don't have much patience with narrow minded asswipes.

Now, about skin color and hair. The issues about those two things have been around for so long that they almost deserve a chapter in Shaquan's kindergarten primer. I won't go into them here, 'cause it's all been said before. But I do have a question. What do you think us's would choose if we us's could choose between looser hair or lighter skin? Just asking.

Dawn Diva said...

@Dee... Thanks for your comment. I'm tripping off Shaquan's handbook LOL. But you asked a good question, what exactly WOULD we choose. Personally, I love my brown skin. Like I said, I find beauty in all different shades. GOD made us all different, so we were each made to HIS liking. On the hair thing, I have to admit, I would change something. I'm fine with the texture that I have but I wish it were thicker that all. I see some people with what they refer to as "good hair" and there is really nothing good about it LOL. Thanks again for your comment.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Diva, I would keep my complexion as it is but thicken this lil ass hair on my head.

Anonymous said...

I was so offended by his joke b/c as a mother i have two lil girls that i feel are both beautiful however i have to tell my oldest she is beautiful everyday not b/c she is not but b/c her younger sister is light in tone and whenever we are out she gets all the attention b/c of it. It is just wrong they are both beautiful and have beautiful long hair but people always say "oh she is so pretty and she has such pretty long hair" and they just leave out my oldest like she is ashy and bald-headed, i mean i dont get it and shes old enough now to where it bothers her so i have now started to stop people when they do this this is what i say and i quote lol "i have two beautiful daughters not just one and a handsome son might i add" and walk off!!!!!

Dawn Diva said...

And KUDOS to you because some "mothers" would be so excited about having a light skinned child that they wouldnt even acknowledge what it was doing to the other child. My godsister is light bright damn near white with green eyes and she had a pretty chocolate cousin a few years younger. Just like in your case, both girls had long beautiful hair and both were really cute, however, everytime someone would see the two of them together they would only compliment my godsister and not her cousin. It bothered me and it even got to the point that my godsister would close her eyes (to keep them from seeing that they were green) and walk off. These types of actions also affect lighter individuals just as much as darker ones. I'm glad that you are one of those real mothers that knows how to handle situations like this. Thanks for the comment too!!

td said...

so what. get over it. im black and am not offended...stop playing the race card and grown up damn!

Related Posts with Thumbnails