Friday, March 12, 2010

Meetings At The Round Table #1 : Why Do "Women" Settle For Being #2


Okay, so this will be a new weekly series for Diva Dish ! My best friends and I always sit around the kitchen table talking about all types of things, so one day we started calling those talks "Meetings At The Round table." With that said, these weekly write ups will be about anything that I feel like discussing (y'all feel free to email me some topics also).

After posting the video of Monica and T-Boz on V103 talking about how comfortable chics can be playing SECOND, I was asked to discuss it... So, here ya go!!

Check MORE DISH for the write up




I believe MOST, if not all women have played 2nd at some point in their life (rather knowingly or unknowingly). One reason this is such a big issue in society is because we seriously have a lot of chicks that have NO PROBLEM PLAYING SECOND. Now, what one chick does with her poon has nothing to do with me, but PERSONALLY... I don't see how they do it. Before I get into this tho, let me first say that I TOTALLY understand that good people sometimes find themselves in bad situations. You never know what you'll do in a situation UNTIL you find yourself in it. Sooooo.........

I've heard many reasons why women accept being 2nd.

1. I love the lack of commitment
2. I don't want to be hurt again and this way I already know what I'm getting myself into.
3. He's unhappy with her and he's leaving soon (meaning they'll be together one day *side eye*).

While I've heard each of those reasons many times, I think the biggest reason is that these mistresses enjoy what they get from the man. In most cases, the mistresses are given things to ensure that they know their role and play their position. Their role is to play the part of "the one" knowing that they really aren't, and their position is ALWAYS SECOND, ALWAYS. Just like TBoz said in the clip "these heffas get so excited about a bag that they don't care". Gangsta Boo said it best when she said "I'll be the other woman, as long as I'm the only other woman you're giving cash to" (which half the time is NOT the case). I really never understood how a woman can be comfortable with being with some elses man. I actually kicked it with a guy before knowing he had a girl. We would sit around talking, tripping and laughing and I remember sometimes catching myself thinking "STFU, you told yo girl that same joke earlier.. giving me the recycled azz laugh" ROFL. Seriously tho, that sh*t is just NOT for me. I know that I deserve to be number 1 and that's all that I'll accept.

Besides, that.. How can you sit up all lovey dovey with a man when you know that he's telling another woman the exact same things that he tells you. My mind wonders entirely too much to be in this type of situation. Not only does my mind wonder, but my conscious is something serious. To have a relationship with a married man for an extended period of time shows that you have no remorse. Like I said, we all mess up, but to CONTINUE doing the same BS, honey you're doing the most. I guess I'm through here, not much more to say about it cuz it is what it is. Just remember that what you put into the universe you mos def get back and please believe that "God don't bless no mess."

Meeting adjourned!!!


Now, you heard my take.. I'd love to hear yours.. ;-)


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Damn Dawn...you pretty much broke it on down...nuff said...meeeting adjourned...open up the doors to the church...LOLOLOL. One thing though..a woman that says she settles for being number 2 because she doesn't want to be hurt and knows what she is getting into is sad. She is doing to the other sister what she is herself afraid of. To me this is cowardice and low. "I don't want to be hurt...but f** the next broad..." WTH!!!! Phew...some women just like being number two...bottom line..they don't care about the dude...they just want that money, time or sex and they are cool until next time.....

Anonymous said...

honestly i just think that these days a lot of women just want a man regardless of what she has to put up with or what kind of person he is. i've even witnessed my friends do it and it sadenss me because the guys don't even pay them any attention

JeneƩ Latrece said...

I'm going to TRY to keep this comment short. But women like this seriously piss me off. My sister's roommate is a mistress and sees nothing wrong with it, saying they're gonna get married when he divorces his wife. F.Y.I he's not divorcing his wife until his toddler aged children are grown! smh. His wife knows about her as well as the woman he was with prior to her. It's all a big mess, it's sickening and I have NO respect for a mistress. There's enough men in the worls for each woman to have her own!

Anonymous said...

From my own personal situation, I was the main woman and there was a side chick, who desperately wanted my position. She was a friend of his brother's baby mother, and everytime I was around she used to hit me with the evil eye; and I always said I know its something going on with ya'll. And of course he denied it, so one day I caught they ass, because as usual I would pop up to where he was living & she calls herself being bold and getting in my face. Once I whooped that ass & he whooped that ass for disrespecting me & our child, she got the clue that he would never be with her, and all the money she had be giving him was going to our household, and she began to stalk his brother. I think most women who settle for second, have low self-esteem and are trying to find someone to love them & they're not making good decisions about the men they choose to pursue or allow to mistreat them!!!

Anonymous said...

I have too been in this situation, and I did it to get over another man. I knew that nothing would ever advance wit this dude and he would keep my mind off of the man I really wanted to be with. Even with this, feelings started to develop and I was left looking retarded. Woman are designed differently than men. We cant give ourselves and keep our feelings detached. I would never play that role again in my life. It made me look like I didnt love myself enough to demand the number one spot. If I didnt think that much of myself, he never would.

Anonymous said...

okay, real quick. let's just pray about this situation cause women who allow themselves to be treated this way need it. they need prayer and a kick in the ass. its one thing if you dont know, but going around like you've won a trophy and thinkin you came out on top is cause for a swift kick in the azz.

Anonymous said...

Okay i do understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I have been the wife and a broad didnt respect my marriage so I dont resect no one elses. I dont have to have a man and if I do I prefer to be the mistress or the other woman dont want to be committed or deal with relationship problems I by no means expect to have a future with these men and Im a cool person so its not all about sex we kick it we smoke we club but the majrity of the womenout hee are the othe woman its just life there are rarely a few good men left

Anonymous said...

you sound real sad....not only are u disrespecting yourself, probably another black women, and dude's family, but you are also playin on GOD's turf. if he puts something together, y would you also yourself to be the one to mess it up. and dont say, "he" messing it up, YOU are allowing him to. he couldnt fuck up his marriage without you so u are just as much to blame as he is, probably more. and think about how you felt as the wife, if that hoe hadnt been the hoe, you might not be so cut throat and mean spirited. pray about that sista! im sure youre a beautiful black woman that deserves more and has more to offer than the heartache you give out to the universe.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with what u said..u pretty much summed it up. But I have been in that situation being the 1st lady & not knowing he was cheatin but when I found out...& it was the sister's friend. That's why she didn't like me. But she was stupid cause she knew from the start about us & she told him she could pay him or do whatever she had to to take him from me. Needless to say it didn't work out that way..I left his azz & he still trying to get back. But she did any & everything for him. She has low self esteem..come to find out. Women think the man will leave the "main" woman for them..not!! Being second is not for me..cause I think like you..{y'all probably did that last nite or u told her the same thing} I'll pass on that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails