Friday, March 19, 2010

Meetings At The Round Table #2 : "Will Anything Ever Come From Shacking?"


I asked my FB friends a question a couple of months back and I enjoyed reading the different responses. The question was simple, "Shacking...Yay Or Nay?" My answer is yay all the way LOL. Check MORE DISH for my explanation.



I understand that shacking is considered a sin, but then again so is divorce. I've never lived with a man and wouldn't do so unless he was a man I was considering making my husband. Personally, I would never say "I Do" without living with the man first. I feel that you never REALLY know a person until you have lived with them, even then it takes you a while to fully see who they are. What if you marry this person then you realize that you cant live with his/her azz? If you have to divorce them then you're sinning anyway right? The bible says that no one sin is greater than the next so I say try to cut down on them as much as possible LOL.

Now, with this said, there would most def have to be some rules put in place prior to us living together. I've never been okay with the thought of being a long term live in girlfriend/baby mama. I think shacking should be a trial period, to see if this is truly the person that you wanna spend the rest of your life with. If after a year or so of living with your significant other, it should be known if things will go further or if y'all are gonna call it quits. I know of couples that have been together for years (10+) that have children and live together... yet, they are just what they were in the beginning "boyfriend and girlfriend." Where they do that at?

I think if you go into "shacking" without any type of plan then you're heading in a bad direction. If a man wants to be with you, he will. Point, blank, period! Remember,
"Boys Shack, Men Build Houses/Homes."

Meeting Adjourned!!

This was just MY opinion on the subject. I had lots of people to say "Nay." What do you think?







2 comments:

SISTAH STAR said...

Well u know Im your favorite neighborhood lesbian, so shacking is all I got. unless I move to DC. So, oh well...lol

Anonymous said...

Lol at neighborhood lesbian! Okay, I think thats another topic that doesnt count in this situation. I just had this discussion with my significant other and I did want to live together at first, but now, I wanna wait. I think you are more dedicated to working things out in a marriage. When you're just shacking, you dont have to work through the issues, you can just bounce on that azz.

Related Posts with Thumbnails