Monday, March 15, 2010

The Real Deal With Toya Carter



For a long time Toya Carter was simply known to the world as “Lil Wayne’s ex-wife.” Last year, with the debut of her reality show “Tiny & Toya”, we got to know a little bit more about her. Not as Wayne’s ex-wife, but as Toya… a mother, a daughter, sister, friend and socialite.

The very first post on Diva Dish was the premiere episode of “Tiny & Toya” so its needless to say that I’m a fan. Even after watching the first season of the show and following Ms. Carter on Twitter, my interview was the first time I’ve ever heard her speak on certain issues. We talked about her relationship with Wayne, the baby mama NO drama, The OMG Girlz and more. Check MORE DISH for the interview!






As cool as you saw Toya in this interview, she’s just as cool in person. She seems to have a great personality and a really good head on her shoulders. Before ‘Tiny and Toya” aired, many people wanted to know what the purpose of the show was. One thing they can not say its about is a bunch of negativity and BS. I love how she is woman enough to allow her daughter to have a relationship with all of her little brothers. As Toya stated, “SOME” of them are over Wayne (yea, we caught that LOL) so there is no reason to beef. It’s wonderful to see a young black woman making an honest living in the industry without giving the media what they want, DRAMA! Toya shows young girls that it is more than possible to come from rough beginnings to fabulous ends. Good luck Ms. Carter with everything and thanks again for your time. Oh yea BTW… even though I’m not making y’all a couple, you and Memphitz do make a pretty hot combo LOL.



13 comments:

dka_mama said...

I simply love Toya! A very beautiful young woman! Also, Toya and her boo are a very cute couple! I saw pics of them from Tiny's event and there's no denying they look good together. Glad you're happy Toya!

Mrs. Tella said...

That was nice, honey! I loves me some Toya! I can surely relate to her view that it's all about the kids! I really wish more parents would realize that and eliminate all the drama in the babies' lives just b/c they didnt work out. Toya's doing big things!! And so are you, Ms. Dawn Marie! Keep up the good work, chick! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

She seems so classy and down to earth! I wish more women would see the world like her!
Excellent job Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Very good interview. Yall look like yall were just chilling. I digs that crib, where are yall at?

Anonymous said...

This was a very good interview. Toya seemed very relaxed with you and thats a great thing. Continue to do big things DivaDish.

~Tay

TalkstillCheap.com said...

BRAVO!! excellent interview. You really did get the dish on her. I am actually looking forward to her book now. She presents herself very well for what she has endured & endures Im sure she has an interesting story to tell.

stylista kt said...

Great work Dawn! Ya did ya Thang and you looked like you her friend up there. Way to dig deep and get the ?'s we ALL wanna know without pushin her the wrong way. That's great interviewing skills and I LOVE YA SHORT HAIR AND ALWAYS LOVE TOYA HAIR! MATTER FACT I NEED TO LOOK UP THAT NETWORK RIGHT NOW! CUZ HER WHOLE CREW ALWAYS ON POINT.

Stacy said...

Great interview Dawn (upcoming Tyra). Keep up the good work and thanks for letting us see the up close & personal side of Toya away from the lights & camera.

Dawn Diva said...

Thanks y'all.... She was really a sweet person and very easy to talk to. @Keosha, I tried to get info that I knew y'all wanted to hear w/o going overboard LOL.That hair, honey that hair. It was BEAUTIFUL, I wanted to scalp her azz LOL, JK. I'm loving the short hair tho, so easy to keep up. @Relle, I'm ready for the book too. You know I love reading anyways so I'll be coping it soon as it drops.

Thanks again everybody for the comments

Anonymous said...

I watched last season Tiny and toya and I thought they were both really sweet! Dawn girl you are doing your thing. I love to see black women ( you and toya)exceling in life. I wish you and Ms. Carter the best! (Nala)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,

You did an excellent job with the interview, the site is great!!! Keep up the good work

Chievina K.

Anonymous said...

i can tell she didnt wanna say too much about james

CeCe said...

Great, Great, Great, and Great... I so enjoyed the interview... I cant wait to see whats next.

Related Posts with Thumbnails