Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Moments...

Monique's acceptance speech

I'm so proud of her for this win, she surely deserved it. I do wish she would have saved what she said on her show for the actual acceptance speech, but then again I guess she didn't KNOW she had it in the bag. CONGRATS again.. BTW, what was Samuel L. Jackson's side eye about? LOL. Too funny!!


Sandra Bullock's acceptance speech

Why did I laugh when Meryl Streep went in for a hug and didn't get one LOL. I'm sure Sandra didn't mean to leave her hanging but it was still funny to me. Sandra seems to be a funny chic and I've always loved her work. CONGRATS TO SANDRA!!


The WTF moment of the night had to be Elinor Burkett and Roger Ross accepting their award for "Best Documentary for "Music By Prudence."


OMG, that was hilarious. I almost thought she was gonna smack him LOL. You can check MORE DISH for Elinor's explanation for straight cutting Roger off.


This is not from the Oscars but it was too cute. I was looking for Oprah's introduction of Gabby Sidibe when they announced the nominees for "Best Leading Actress" (which I couldnt find)and found this old clip of her appearing on Ellen. I just HAD to post it, check it out!

I love how confident Gabby is... She's a cute big girl and her personality is beautiful. Even tho she didnt take home the Oscar for "Best Leading Actress", she gets a CONGRATS from DIVA DISH anyways. Coming from as she said "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday".. to the OSCARS is more than enough.


Burkett was interviewed about her "Kanye" moment during the awards. Check out what she had to say.

What happened was the director and I had a bad difference over the direction of the film that resulted in a lawsuit that has settled amicably out of court. But there have been all these events around the Oscars, and I wasn't invited to any of them. And he's not speaking to me. So we weren't even able to discuss ahead of the time who would be the one person allowed to speak if we won. And then, as I'm sure you saw, when we won, he raced up there to accept the award. And his mother took her cane and blocked me. So I couldn't get up there very fast.


Well damn, and folks try to pretend that folks only act up at "our" award shows LOL.

Source: Salon.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gaby is such a big ole cutie. I love her presence and personality. She is just the sweetest thing. I hope she does much more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails