Friday, April 9, 2010

Meetings At The Round Table #4: "The Book of Life.... Can I Get A Copy"



Sooooooooo.. everybody has their own beliefs about their creator, morals, responsibilities and just LIFE in general. Personally, I believe that every person's life story is already written. Let me explain... For instance, you know that saying "when it's your time to go, it's your time"... Well, I totally believe in that, if you're supposed to leave this earth at 13 years old, you will. BUT, I believe that the way people live their lives determines HOW they leave. Kinda like 2 roads that lead to the same destination. Anywho, I was just sitting up thinking, LIFE IS CONFUSING AS ALL HELL!!

What I've found from my own personal experiences is that sometimes we know what is right from wrong, but we just DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO WHATS RIGHT! Life can bring about so many different situations and sometimes you don't know which way is right and which is left. Like I said, I believe my story is already written, but by me not knowing what life is to bring I have no idea of what I need to do or what I need to steer away from. I swear this would be SO MUCH EASIER if my GOD would send me a copy of MY STORY ROFL.. Cuz there were times that I was completely lost on so many things! TRUE, like I said I know right from wrong, but I'm talking about other situations. You know the ones where you just really don't know WTF to do. For instance, meeting new men. OMG, before I got with my guy that was crazy to me. I would try to take lessons that I learned in past relationships and apply them to new ones, BUT, they say you shouldn't "bring old baggage to new relationships".. I MEAN WTF MAN!! LOL.. But I guess a lesson isn't really considered baggage tho huh? Well, when I would meet a new guy I would find myself thinking "is this who GOD has sent for me".. Mainly b/c I feel like this, I'm a grown and I really don't have the time and/or patience to deal with somebody that really doesn't want what I want, PERIOD! Making new friends to chill with is cool, but PLEASE let it be known up FRONT if that's all you're looking for. Believe me, that'll keep down a lot of confusion. Half of the time they'll be no love lost if you are truthful about just wanting a friendship. However, once you've started lying and wasting peoples time, THAT could create a huge problem, cuz guess what... time waits for NO ONE, ya digg!



Check More DISH for the rest



Another thing, with this world looking more and more like "hell on earth" everyday, I'm honestly scared. Now, I'm not the type that is going to let the ways of the world keep me cooped up in the house, but the fact of the matter is FOLKS ARE CRAZY AS HELL. Men/b***h ni**as are rapping babies and putting women on b-b-q grills, women/gutta butt trolips are microwaving babies (I know y'all remember hearing about that), this ish is scary. Its just so many things going through my mind right now, I could be here all day typing lol. One more thing before I go. Am I the only one that dislikes the phrase "failure is not an option?" It's not so much that I don't like it, it's just that I think it's incomplete. The phrase should be "failure is not an option, but it is sometimes a reality." No matter how much we may want things and actually work towards achieving certain goals, the reality is that everything doesn't always happen the way we want. I just felt like mentioning that because a couple of weeks ago I was reading an article about a teen aged girl (I think she was 15) that committed suicide. She was such a cute girl and as I looked at her pictures I wondered what could have been so bad that she felt she couldn't go on.

I'll end with this....Lord KNOWS I wish I could rip out some of the past pages in my "book of life", but I can't. Everything that we go through in life makes us who we are. Regardless of what this crazy world brings us in life, we have to realize that life in itself is a blessing. No matter what I go through during the day, EVERY night before I go to sleep I thank my GOD for life. I know that through it all I'm extremely blessed :). Alrighty, ennough of my ramblings... What are y'alls thoughts on the good ole' "book of life."

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~Maria Robinson


Meeting adjourned.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,
Please take no offense in what i'm about to say with that said here goes lol....Alot of people believe like you do that when people die its their time well i beg to differ and heres why God is LOVE and is it love to have a baby die of SIDS(sudden infant death syndrom)to let that mother carry that child for nine months and feel it growing inside her and then birth the child and fall more in love only for it to die at three months, or for a five year old to cross the street and get hit and die that child felt pain, or for a fourteen year old to be kidnapped and raped and murdered that child felt that or for you to be driving and a 18 wheeler hits you head on that is horrible and painful and i always say if that happens in my life when i get to heaven God got some explaining to do lol yes i believe you can shorten your own days by doing wrong and disobeying your parents(it in the bible) but to say its someone's time to go is alot harder to explain..now when it comes to men i have been married for eight yrs nine this nov. and yes we have had our problems but with God in the forefront of both our lives we can handle them. I got married at twenty and i believe i did only b/c i prayed to God to send me MY husband the one that he designed just for me and to let me know that it was truly him when he came along not only did i pray for him and i got specific with God in what i wanted so when he did come along i checked off what i asked for to make sure he was everything i prayed for i wasnt gonna say ok he has three of what i asked for so i'll deal NO he had to have them all.also women dont go looking for the man b/c that is how you mess up b/c it is not God's design the man is supposed to find you "he that findeth a wife finds favor in the lord" i've talked way too much so until next time God Bless (this is Cortrell i have forgotten my password to my blogger account lmbo)

Dawn Diva said...

Hey Cortrell,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate it ;-). I'm not offended at all, everybody has their own opinions about things and I appreciate people are able to politley express theirs. But I agree with you, except for the time thing LOL.

I said that I thought everybody leaves this earth when its their time, I didnt say that it was always GOD that decides to take them away. We all know Satan is a busy lil bastard LOL and although he cant touch the power of GOD..he is still very powerful. Look around us, its so very obvious.

Oh, we the husband thing...BINGO on what you said ;-)

JeneƩ Latrece said...

Uh...where do I begin? lol. I agree with you on God's time and how our decisions affect when we will go. I feel I need to elaborate, but I'm not good at thinking and typing. lol. Just know that I agree with you!

Also, with finding your soulmate I agree with Cortrell. I'm still young. Only a month away from 21 and I always imagined being married at 23/24. I'm glad you wrote about this because I was just recently talking to my girls (at the round table) about this! Long story short, I was really into this guy. I swore I wanted to marry him. Things didn't work out and I prayed God would send me someone. I met this really nice guy (I'll call him P) who took me out, but I was just not attracted to him. Now, I'm not shallow, I'll give anybody a chance. And that's what I did, hoping one day the attraction would grow. But it never did. While I was dating him, i met another guy and I swore it was love at first sight. So I broke up with the good guy for him....Basically a year later I realized it wasn't going to work out. I started thinking "did God send me my 'husband' but I looked passed him and dated someone new?'" I decided I'd get back in contact with P. The day I was about to call, he committed suicide. I was convinced that I had let the man I prayed for slip away...until I prayed again. And the guy I'm dating now is EVERYTHING I could imagine plus more! Anywho, I say this to say, I think God sends us people but we have to be completely ready for them. I was not ready in the past for a husband although I wanted to be married young. A lady told me "God will not send you a husband until you are a wife." With that being said, when women start to just relax and understand that our time might not coincide with God's time and we need to work on ourselves first, maybe our husband will come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails