Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Needs Our Prayers


OMG... I heard about the earthquakes headed towards Port-Au-Prince, Haiti I got scared because after the way Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, nothing shocks me anymore. This is the worst earthquake to hit the Caribbeans in over 200 years and the death toll is nearing the thousands. Y'all I can not imagine going through anything like this, the fear that they must have felt was probably unbearable.






Check MORE DISH for more pics and information


While helping survivors, Dr.Louis-Gerard Gilles (a former senator) had this to say "The hospitals cannot handle all these victims, "Haiti needs to pray. We all need to pray together."

President Obama has offered his prayers for the Caribbean nation and also help from the U.S. I'm sure he'll do all possible to assist these victims, unlike SOMEBODY did with the victims of Katrina. Sometimes we don't realize how blessed we are, something like this could happen to any of us at any given time. It's times like this that I wish I was in the position to really give. One thing I can give tons of that I KNOW helps, is prayer. Some of these people have lost EVERYTHING! Please keep PORT-AU-PRINCE in your prayers y'all! Also, if you're in the position to give, please do so by contacting the Red Cross.
Red Cross contact: 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575.
or go to www.yele.org
Source and pics: Huffington Post

1 comment:

aimes said...

...prayer works! I will be doing so definitely!

--btw: i dig your banner a lot!!

-aimes
asforamy.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails