Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tyler Perry's Memories At 40- Admits To Being Molested



OMG! You NEVER know what people endure in their lives. To be honest, I always felt that Tyler Perry had gone through something horrible in his life but like I said, you never know exactly what. For him to write all these powerful story lines and be so willing to always help others, I knew he himself had a story. He took to his website to finally let us in on some details of his life. In a message titled "Memories At 40" he released a lot of things he'd never told the world before. I posted two of these memories below.

Memories at 40: I got a call not long ago from a friend. He told me that a man that I knew from church when I was a kid had died and he didn't have any insurance. His family was trying to reach out to me to see if I would pay for his funeral. I quickly said no, but I wish I would have said yes. There is something so powerful to me in burying the man that molested me. I wish I would have dug the grave myself.

Memories at 40: Not long ago, I was asked to speak at an engagement. I walked in and I was told that they had assigned a person to take care of me while I was there. She walked up to me, all of 5'2” of her, and asked if I needed anything. I looked at her and started to sweat. It took me back thirty-something years to her apartment. I couldn't have been more than 10 years old when I went over to play with her son and Matchbox cars. She opened the door in skimpy lingerie. There was a man sitting on the couch, smoking. She told me that her son was in the bedroom. I was there playing with him about 20 minutes when I heard the man arguing with her. He said he was leaving and slammed the door. She came into the bedroom and told me that I had to go home. She told her son to take a bath and she locked him in the bathroom. I was at the front door trying to get out, when she came in and laid on the sofa and asked me if I wanted the key. I told her I had to go home as it was getting dark. She put the key inside of herself and told me to come get it, pulling me on top of her.


To read his entire post check out http://mobile.tylerperry.com/messages/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails